Sunday, October 17, 2004

Alright, this might not be that interesting...

But I'm trying to mantain momentum as a blogger, so I thought I'd better make a post...

So, today has been a fine day, in which I went to the charity shop, the tip, Sainsburys, had a visit from Bob, at very healthy food, had a nap and watched match of the day...Talking of which, much as I love the BBC's excellent football coverage, and am not one to be down on a brother, I have to confess that Mark Lawrenson's puns make me genuinely uncomforable. And I speak as one who loves a good pun. Indeed I'm normally quite partial to a bad one, but Lawro is too much for me. I think it's the complete absence of timing. ...In response to a good performance from stand in Villa keeper Stephan Postma today at Highbury he said "Hey, I've got one for you - (pause) - The Postma always saves twice. (Pause for tumble weed to drift across the studio - looks at Lineker) Are you 'avin' that one?." It's not good...

Detox still on the rails, no lapses so far, 5 days in and I'm really enjoying it, - the diet, the noticable improvements it's bringing, and that great self esteem boost you get from doing the right thing...

Finally, please rush out and buy / borrow / whatever a copy of Eight Storeys by an act called Randall. I have just finished listening to it, and can honestly say I haven't enjoyed an album on first listen as much as this for a long, long time. It's chilled and it's beautiful.

Peace out ya'll!