Wednesday, December 01, 2004

the song of mehitabel

how i love this poem

lack of capitalisation in this post is a tribute to it's author.

it's important to know that it's written from the point of view of a cockroach.

UPDATE:

Well I never, all these many years (at least 15) I've been labouring under the misapprehension that Archy and Mehitabel was written by e.e. cummings. But it wasn't! Not even nearly. It was written by one Don Maquis. When I was first introduced to them as a wee slip of a lad, I must have been told at the same time about e.e. cummings on the basis that neither he nor Maquis used capital letters or traditional punctuation.

Tchh. You learn something new everyday etc...

e.e. cummings did write "buy me an ounce and I'll sell you a pound." Not sure how much I like the poem, but I sure do like the title.