Saturday, October 30, 2004

Folk music

I'm becoming slightly obsessed with it. Obsessed is way too strong a word actually, but I really can't get enough. I found myself really excited on Wednesday that there would be a new edition of Mike Harding's folk show on Radio 2, and I've taken to listening to the Folk Club, which is a radio Ulster programme available through the BBC listen again business. I've also checked out Celtic Heartbeat, which is radio wales folk show with a presenter I find absolutely hilarious (in a slightly Alan Partridgey sort of a way.)

I'm looking for suggestions of artists and albums and such to check out - does anyone know anything the subject? I don't really like the songs about wars and death and the horrendous life of Poor Old Jack McGee and all that, but otherwise I'm open to ideas!