Friday, June 09, 2006

Ecuador!!!

Blimey charlie, that was a blinder!

Ecuador are officially my pick to win that group now...they defended like absolute lions for the 25 minutes when Poland threw everything at them, and I really think they could do well against Germany. Poland actually looked ok, and hit the woodwork twice - I'd expect both teams to beat Costa Rica, so it looks like the games against Germany will be the deciding factor. I wouldn't write the Poles off yet, as I think their style might be difficult for Germany (although Germany really do look like they have a cutting edge upfront, it will be VERY interesting to see how they do against stiffer opposition.

In Mullet Watch news there was a definate proto-mullet from the Ecuadorian number 16 Valencia and a classic eastern european rattail mullet on the Polish number 4. There was a Nedved-esque fringe mullet on show too...

Was it just me, or did Gareth Southgate seem upset with Clive's "gentle" fun poking?