Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I'm a big wuss

The interview on Oprah with the cast of Friends (which, should you be so inclined, you can find in eight parts here) genuinely made me a little emotional. If you are in the least bit cynical, don't watch it - you'll be sick. But I'm not at all cynical about public displays of emotion, so long as they are genuine and it choked me up just a little bit. In my defense I am a bit under the weather, and I think it also has something to do with the fact that the 10 years of friends has been quite a decade...Friends has, of course, long since jumped the shark but I remember how good it was in the beginning. I can also identify various series of Friends by what was happening in my life at the time. The first box set of series four, for example, came out during the three days I was working in a bingo hall...