Friday, October 20, 2006

AdBlock

So...

The other day, my friend G mentioned adblock in passing...

I was all, "whassat then dude" and he was all "you must know what that is" but I didn't (actually, we don't really talk like that).

Anyway, AdBlock is an extension for firefox which does a terrific job of blocking ads...I use adblock plus with adblock filterset.G updater (that sounds complex, and probably is, but it all works nicely...)

Anyway, after I'd installed the extentsions I said, with no hint of irony "It's like a whole new internet" and I'd heartily recommend them...

It's worth saying that by blocking adverts, I don't mean blocking popups, but actual ads in sites...No more "shoot the ninja, win an iPod", no more "find girls in your area" No more "earn $750 a day by cheating at online poker"...Just content and what you're actually after...Brilliant!