Saturday, July 30, 2005

Tornado Town

So, a tornado hit brum yesterday - just thought I'd post to say that I'm fine, and so are all my family and friends. To be honest I feel a little odd about saying that, since some people aren't fine, and have lost their homes or cars or been injured, but I'm only saying it for info - I am grateful and I send love and good wishes to those who haven't been so lucky.

The house I grew up in (which my mum sold a couple of years ago) has lost most of its roof and front windows, and the car in the drive was flattened, and many of our old neighbours have lost their rooves and windows. Lots of very familiar landmarks to me from childhood are now roofless...EDIT - this is our old house, which now belongs to a friend of pete's.

I've heard a lot of jokes, about how it's birmingham so it'll do a tenners worth of damage, or comments about how it's small potatoes, and I can totally understand the impetus for both of those types of comments, and much worse things happen everyday, but for the people affected it is a very big deal, and they deserve respect...

In other news, we're back on the radio tomorrow night - 7-9 pm - go to radio.uknova.com and if you are listening drop us a line...

Anyway, love and light to all...