Thursday, February 05, 2004

Ah...families eh?

Just got back from Ol' London Town, where I visited my Dad - we did some really good work together filling out a form to apply for some funding from Screen West Midlands. It's so nice working with him. Also great to see my younger sister Emily (who's ten) and my stepmum Beth. Families are, of course, a complex beast, but I'm not going to dwell on that here!

So - the film I've been writing for over a year feels more solid now - if I can get this funding it will mean devoting myself full time to it again - doing re-writes, but also working on getting it to the next level, and being able to pay for some script editing work from my dad, who will then be able to afford to work on it more - very exciting! Think it's a pretty strong application in terms of meeting their criteria, but I spose it will come down to whether they like the script enough - fingers crossed. If it is meant to be, it shall come to pass. I just need to make sure I do my bit right!